Is there anything better than the festive spice of a gingerbread biscuit... or three?! Follow our recipe below to make your own scrumptious Eastwood Park gingerbread!
350g plain flour
175g demerara sugar (brown)
115g unsalted butter (cubed)
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 heaped teaspoons of ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Firstly, heat your oven to 190c fan or 170c gas. Prepare a baking tray and use baking paper to reduce sticking!
2. Add the flour (sieve in), bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into a good-sized bowl.
3. Rub in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add the sugar.
5. Beat syrup into egg and proceed to mix with flour mixture.
4. Mix the ingredients further and form a smooth dough.
5. Dust your work surface with a little flour (to avoid sticking!) and roll the dough to around 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Use a cookie cutter in your desired shape (we love stars!) and re-roll any offcuts. Repeat.
8. Place your shapes on the baking trays with space between.
9. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
10. Cool completely and decorate!